This page has moved to a new address.

Orange PushUp Smoothie

The Best Blog Recipes: Orange PushUp Smoothie

Apr 16, 2013

Orange PushUp Smoothie



I'm sitting here wondering how many of you grew up in a place where the ice cream truck would drive around in the summer time playing that crazy loud super annoying jingle that you could hear from 3 streets away?  Every summer without fail it would come driving slowly through our neighborhood streets and we would all get excited and run to our mothers and ask for money. 

What sweet treat would you get with the money that your mom gave you?  Maybe a super delicious Orange PushUp?  Even though they were tiny they would almost immediately start melting the minute you unwrapped the top.  By the time you got all the way down to the bottom you would have a melty mess but it was always so sweet and creamy and good! 

I didn't realize how much I loved those little treats until I came across a recipe for an Orange PushUp Smoothie from Averie Cooks and made if for my family.  I did reduce the amount of sugar from the original recipe and added a little bit of ice cream to the mix.  Delicious, yes!  Will I make it again, heck yeah!

Orange PushUp Recipe Ingredients
Print This Recipe

1 can of frozen Hawaiian's Own Mango-Orange Flavor
1/4 cup milk
1 cup of vanilla ice cream
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
Place everything in a blender (I used my magic bullet which worked great!) and blend until smooth.

Shauna's Tips
I tweaked the original recipe just a bit.... like always!  I didn't want to put crushed ice cubes in my blender so I just added vanilla ice cream instead.  I did cut my sugar in half though, down to 1/4 of a cup and I might cut it to 1/8th of a cup next time.  I suggest starting with less sugar and adding more if needed :)



We've been busy sharing this recipe on many different blog link parties! For a complete list of where we like to party please visit the "Link Parties" tab at the top of the page :)


Other recipes you might enjoy while you're here today:


Banana Muffins 







Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At April 16, 2013 at 11:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Mmm....I am tasting that smoothie, I also loved the orange push ups when I was young, well not only young but still do! Great post!!!
http://fitandbeyond40.com

 
At April 17, 2013 at 4:51 AM , Blogger Covenant Grace said...

These treats look so delicious! That chocolate is calling my name!

 
At April 17, 2013 at 7:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, sounds so yummy! We never lived anywhere an ice cream truck would go by, but I loved getting the pushups!

 
At April 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Shauna,
I'm on my way to the store now!!! Yum, yum, I can't wait to try this.
My link party is LIVE, come on over at http://www.memoriesbythemile.com/
Hugs,
Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

 
At April 17, 2013 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

No ice cream truck in my neighborhood, but I love an orange push-up. I made a variation last summer without ice cream. I bet it is so amazing with it.

 
At April 17, 2013 at 1:54 PM , Anonymous bluecottonmemory said...

Delicious! I want one right now! I had one this weekend - and it brought back lots of memories - I would use the ice though to cut calories:)

 
At April 17, 2013 at 11:12 PM , Blogger Alexis AKA MOM said...

Ok that looks relish!!! Thanks for the recipe

 
At April 18, 2013 at 4:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd certainly donate to this excellent blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my
Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will share this site with my Facebook group.

Chat soon!

My homepage ... handy http://www.golden-retriever-guide.com/golden-retriever-lab-mix/ stuff

 
At April 19, 2013 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Come join the link party @ Share it With Us Saturdays on Great Tastes Tuesdays! The party starts Friday @ 8:30 p.m. Mountain time and runs all weekend. Don’t miss out! I would love to have you! www.greatastestuesdays.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home