This page has moved to a new address.

"Meaty" Vegetarian Chili

The Best Blog Recipes: "Meaty" Vegetarian Chili

Apr 15, 2013

"Meaty" Vegetarian Chili


I've been trying to be good about my cholesterol intake since I found out that mine was really high about 2 years ago.  It scared me when I heard that it was in the 230's.  Don't know about you but I don't want to have a heart attack any time soon.  That's why I really try to monitor my cholesterol intake now on a daily basis.   

Just for the record...  I'm not some weirdo that just walks around eating tofu and "meatless" meats all of the time, ok well I do but it's not because I'm weird.  I have just really fell in love with a lot of meatless recipes because they are so tasty so much healthier than some of the regular meats that I had been eating.  

So tonight I just tweaked my Texas Chili Recipe a little to become a "Meaty" Vegetarian Chili!  Oh and it turned out good!  Gotta love meaty meatless recipes :)


Texas Chili Ingredients

8-9 Morning Star Farms Breakfast Sausage Patties, cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 large yellow onion chopped
1 tablespoon butter 
1 tablespoon garlic minced garlic 
1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1/2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-15 ounce can tomato sauce [I use the "no sugar added"]
1-1/2 tomato sauce can of water (depending on how thin you want it)
1-15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes [you can use the fire roasted w/ garlic too]
2-15.25 oz cans of red kidney beans, drained

* This chili has a thinner consistency... just didn't want you to be surprised. 


Directions

Chop your onion and add to saute pan with 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon of garlic.  Saute until onion is softened and translucent.  Add to a large pot.  Add your (drained) beans, fire roasted tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, paprika, cumin, chipotle chili powder & chili powder. 

Bring chili mixture to a boil over medium heat.  Reduce heat to med-low and simmer for about 30 minutes.

Now cook your Morning Star Farms breakfast sausage patties over medium heat for 8 minutes or until hot all the way through.  See package for exact cooking instructions.  

Combing your sausage patties with your chili and stir well.  Serve immediately and enjoy!


Shauna's Tips
This chili has quite a kick to it.  You might want to put in 1/2 of the seasonings and test it to make sure that it's not going to be too HOT for you before adding the rest of the seasoning.  


We've been busy sharing this recipe on many different blog link parties! For a complete list of where we like to party please visit the "Link Parties" tab at the top of the page :)


Other recipes you might enjoy while you're here today:


Easy Veggie Patty Soup
* this will open in a new window and display my weight loss site 
where the recipe is listed

Healthy Hamburger Wrap
*this will open in a new window and display my weight loss site
where the recipe is listed


Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At April 15, 2013 at 8:12 PM , Blogger Selene @ Restoration Beauty said...

This looks and sounds really good! I love chili (who doesn't, right?) Thanks for sharing! I'm pinning for future reference.
Selene @ Restoration Beauty

 
At April 15, 2013 at 8:16 PM , Blogger lilliesandsilk said...

I'm a vegetarian and your recipe looks good, I'm going to have to try it:) Thanks for stopping by my blog and following me and leaving a comment:) Now I'm following you back:) Have a good night!


Carissa
Lillies & Silk

 
At April 16, 2013 at 12:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love those Morningstar Sausage Patties. I've been using Boca crumbles in chili, but I bet these have a richer taste.

 
At April 16, 2013 at 6:59 PM , Blogger Stone Cottage Adventures said...

This sounds very tasty! Thank you for the recipe! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

 
At April 17, 2013 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Michell Pulliam said...

Hi Shauna...your recipe looks delicious! Thanks so much for dropping by and linking up! Hope you're "doing well"...have a wonderful week!

Michell @Prowess and Pearls

 
At April 17, 2013 at 11:14 PM , Blogger Alexis AKA MOM said...

I bet the boys would love this one! Thanks again for the recipe!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home