This page has moved to a new address.

Healthy Zucchini & Meatball Pizza Bites

The Best Blog Recipes: Healthy Zucchini & Meatball Pizza Bites

Mar 19, 2013

Healthy Zucchini & Meatball Pizza Bites


Do you guys ever get a craving for pizza?  I sure do.  Since I've been on a weight loss journey and have lost 50 lbs to date I have been trying to come up with creative ways to make the foods I love a little healthier so that I don't go crazy and eat something that isn't good for me.

Today it was pizza.  My craving for pizza was so bad that there really wasn't any way I was going to get around it.  My options were to either go and get a pizza from our local pizza shop and just eat 1, 2 or 5 pieces.  Or I could make something that was healthier.  So glad I love my new body because it really wasn't even a question as to what I was going to do.
 
Zucchini & Meatball Pizza Bites Ingredients
7 Morning Star Farms Meatballs
1 large zucchini, cut into round slices
1/4 cup spaghetti sauce of your choice
3 slices of low fat mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon Smart Ballance Light Butter w/ Flaxseed Oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic

Directions
Cook the Morning Star Farms Meatballs per package directions.  

Meanwhile, wash and cut your zucchini into 1/4" slices (14 total slices) and place into a saute pan with butter and garlic.  Cook over medium heat until tender.  About 4 minutes on each side.  Remove from your saute pan and place on a baking sheet.  

Warm your spaghetti sauce in a small bowl covered with a napkin in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds.  Spoon 1 teaspoon of spaghetti sauce on each round zucchini bite

When your meatballs are done take them out of the oven.  Cut each meatball in half and place one half on top of the spaghetti sauce topped zucchini.  

Place a square piece of low fat mozzarella cheese on top of your meatballs and place under the broiler for about 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese starts to bubble and turn slightly brown.    

Crisis adverted.... had my pizza fix and it turned out REALLY good!  Yay for healthy food :)  


Read more about my weight loss journey and see my  
 before & after weight loss
 pictures by visiting my other site 


We've also been busy sharing this recipe on many different blog link parties! For a complete list of where we like to party please visit the "Link Parties" tab at the top of the page :)

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At March 19, 2013 at 7:31 PM , Blogger Becca said...

Congrats on the 50lbs lost! These look yummy. Thanks for sharing at A Humble Bumble, Shauna. :)

 
At March 19, 2013 at 9:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Becca!

 
At March 21, 2013 at 5:46 AM , Blogger S. @ The Captivating Life said...

Yum, those look so good! They would make a great snack, since I have been known to "snack" on pizza before. Not the healthiest thing to do. And I love zucchini so I can't wait to try these!

 
At March 21, 2013 at 1:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so glad you think they look so good! Hope you enjoy them as much as I did :)

 
At March 23, 2013 at 2:52 PM , Blogger Miz Helen said...

These would just be fantastic appetizers, we will just love these little bites. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

 
At March 23, 2013 at 7:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

These look like yummy bites! Thanks for sharing these at Two Cup Tuesday at Pint Sized Baker.

 
At March 23, 2013 at 8:00 PM , Blogger Katherines Corner said...

we eat a lot of zucchini. This is divine. thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite things hop xo

 
At March 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM , Blogger Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

This sounds fantastic! I pinned it :)

Thank you for partying with the Wildly Original Crowd.
<3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

 
At March 25, 2013 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Revamp Spunky Rena said...

Yum! I love meatballs. I'm your newest follower from blog hop. Followed via Twitter & FB.

Feel free to visit, follow and leave me comments @ www.revampspunkyrena.com

xoxo
Rena Lynn

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home