This page has moved to a new address.

Chicken Tetrazzini

The Best Blog Recipes: Chicken Tetrazzini

Feb 10, 2013

Chicken Tetrazzini



You guys, I was so excited this Sunday to try a few new recipes (yes, I said a few).  I figured I'd make something special for breakfast, I'd make a Valentines treat in the afternoon and a yummy and delicious supper.

Don't you love how you can plan till your blue in the face and nothing goes right and everything just starts falling apart, ugh.

I did make breakfast but we'll save that story for another time.  Let's just say the recipe didn't turn out that great and I'm gonna do some major tweaking this Saturday morning. 

I did end up making treats and almost burned the kitchen down in the process.  I was totally "in the zone" and focused on what I was doing.  I accidentally left our glass stove top burner on low and forgot about it.  I didn't notice that my hubby put the Chicken Tetrazzini with a hot pad on the burner till the hot pad was smoking and practically on fire.

That's about how my Sunday went.

How about you?  Any fun stories you can share?  It will make me feel better, like I'm less of a mess in my kitchen :)

Now let me tell you guys how good this casserole was.  It was definitely a 5 star recipe and that is hard to come by in this house.  We don't often give out a 5 star rating but this dish deserved it.  I have to thank Plain Chicken for posting this delicious goodness on her site.  I found it, pinned it, thought about it, tweaked it, made it, and loved it! 

It has minimal ingredients and came together pretty easily.  I wasn't thrilled about the cook time but it was worth the wait.  This is a must try you guys.  It was goooood!


Chicken Tetrazzini Ingredients
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (Mine were uncooked and it turned out great)
about 12 oz vermicelli pasta
48 oz chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided

Directions
Preheat oven to 375°

Butter the inside of a 9x13 casserole dish and set aside.

Put your chicken stock/broth in a large pot and bring to a boil.  Add your noodles and cook about 10 minutes, or until tender.  Let sit for about 5 minutes in pot while you prepare your other ingredients.

Combine cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese in a medium bowl. 

Cut your chicken into small bite sized pieces.

Now you're ready to assemble and layer your casserole. 

1.  Put about half of your vermicelli pasta on the bottom of your casserole dish
2.  Layer half of your chicken on top of your pasta
3.  Layer half of the soup/cheese mixture on top of the chicken
4.  Repeat Layers
5.  Top with remaining Parmesan cheese

Side Note: my hubby asked that I just mix in all the cheese next time and don't have a layer on the top of the casserole... just worth mentioning.  He didn't like how it got kind of crispy while baking.


Cover your casserole with foil and place in the oven and cook for about 45 minutes at 375°.  Remove foil and continue cooking until all bubbly around the edges and most importantly in the middle.  Don't skip this bubbly in the middle step or your chicken might be undercooked and that wouldn't be good.


 We've been busy sharing this recipe on many different blog link parties! For a complete list of where we like to party please visit the "Link Parties" tab at the top of the page :)




Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At February 11, 2013 at 12:11 AM , Blogger Countrified Hicks said...

I had troubles with the link up and it crashed and can you please come back and link up again? So sorry about this. http://countrifiedhicks.blogspot.com/2013/02/mondays-with-countrified-hicks-2.html

 
At February 11, 2013 at 6:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh no, I'll head back over and link up again. Thanks for letting me know!

 
At February 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made this for Sunday also. In my crock pot and it was awesome...!!

 
At February 16, 2013 at 5:33 AM , Blogger April said...

Love this! I'd like to invite you to link up to Saturday Spotlight @ Angels Homestead.

http://angelshomestead.com/saturday-spotlight-4/

Hope to see you there :)

April

 
At February 16, 2013 at 8:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the invite April! I stopped by and linked, added your party button to my Link Parties Page and am also following you on FB!

I'd love for you to stop back by and link up to my weekend link party too!

 
At February 17, 2013 at 9:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am sure this just delightful... Thanks so much for coming to my link-up party yesterday, I hope you’ll come back again next week! xoxo~ Ruthie

 
At February 20, 2013 at 9:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great recipe Shauna, thanks for sharing at Wicked Good Wednesdays!

 
At February 24, 2013 at 6:24 AM , Blogger Shannon Barefoot said...

This looks yummy - and pretty simple to make! My kind of meal :)

 
At February 25, 2013 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

COMFORT! This looks mmmm, and simple to make. Thank you for sharing.

We may have met by chance..but we become friends by choice.
http://simpleesue.com/frivolous-friday-soup-kitchen-recipes-best-ever-vegetable-soup

 
At February 25, 2013 at 10:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Ruthie for your great parties and for stopping by and commenting on the links :)

 
At February 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Rachel! And thanks for your great parties :)

 
At February 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Simple is good :)

 
At February 25, 2013 at 10:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much Shannon!!! I appreciate you taking the time to feature me :) I've added your button to my "Where I've Been Featured" page!

 
At February 25, 2013 at 10:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Sue!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home