This page has moved to a new address.

Slow Cooker Asian Pulled Pork

The Best Blog Recipes: Slow Cooker Asian Pulled Pork

Jan 23, 2013

Slow Cooker Asian Pulled Pork




You can imagine my excitement when I came across this recipe.  I couldn't believe it... Asian Pulled Pork made in my crock pot?  Don't mind if I do :)

I've really had to start getting creative when it comes to different types of foods. Why you ask?  Well, my daughter has a really terrible peanut/tree nut allergy so we have to be super careful where we eat when we dine out.  So that pretty much crosses off Pei Wei, PF Changs, Panda Express and every other place that is super yummy and delicious.  

Mommy has to go without....

And mommy doesn't like it (sometimes)!

Some days I just wanna get my Pei Wei on if you know what I mean?

That's why I've started cooking more of my favorite Asian Dishes at home.   And the best part is my family has been really enjoying them as much as I have been too!  That always makes me happy :)

Yes, we loved this new Asian Pulled Pork Recipe.  I kind of figured we would after I took a peek at the ingredients and saw how easy it was to make.

Asian Pulled Pork Recipe
Ingredients 
2-3 pounds of pork roast
1 cup water
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
1 large yellow onion, cut into large chunky pieces
1/4 cup soy sauce + 2 tablesoons, divided
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons oyster sauce

Directions
Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and place your pork roast in the bottom. 
Add the bouillon to the water and pour into bottom of slow cooker.  Add your chunky cut onions and 2 tablespoons soy sauce.

 
Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or until roast shreds easily with a fork. 

When the pork is finished drain and discard the juices and onions.  

Shred the pork and return it to your slow cooker. 

Combine the soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, garlic and oyster sauce.  Pour over the meat and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes, allowing the flavors to blend together.  

Serve with your favorite white, brown or fried rice!

Recipe Source:  The Recipe Critic


 



Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At January 29, 2013 at 2:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, yum! I really need to use my slow cooker more often!

Thanks for linking up to What's Cookin' Wednesday!

 
At February 20, 2013 at 10:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

YUMMY! Just pinned another one. I love slow cooker recipes, and this looks so delicious. Thanks so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. :)

 
At February 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

No problem Kathy! Love your party and glad I could link up with you :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home