This page has moved to a new address.

Tofu Taco's

The Best Blog Recipes: Tofu Taco's

Dec 30, 2012

Tofu Taco's


Photo source: The Best Blog Recipes

I know what you're thinking.... Tofu, no thanks.

That's what my family said.  

But since I cook all of our meals they kind of had no choice ;-)

I found a recipe on Apron Springs that I thought might be good, so off I went to the store to get our first package of Tofu!

Ground Tofu Filling
Ingredients

1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon peanut butter (I used Wowbutter Creamy Soy Butter) 
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon chipolte chili powder 
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce (I didn't have this in the house so I used 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper instead)
16 oz extra firm tofu
2 tablespoons olive oil

Directions 
Preheat oven to 350°
Mix first seven ingredients together in mixing bowl and set aside

Drain water from tofu block and wrap in paper towels.  Placed wrapped tofu between 2 towels and place a heavy plate on top to squeeze out excess waterLet sit for 20 minutes.  

Unwrap tofu and crumble into small piecesToss tofu pieces with sauce. 

Spread oil onto baking sheet.  Sprinkle tofu evenly onto oiled baking sheet and place into oven. 

Bake for 20 minutes.  Remove tofu from oven and stir.  Place back in oven and bake for another 20 minutesRemove tofu from oven, stir again and place back in oven under broiler for 3-5 minutes or until crispy. 

You can use this spicy ground mixture in any recipe that you would normally use beef.  

Enjoy!


   

   


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home